Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Life Change

Dear Readers,

Update:
As most of you know, I have been juicing for a while, off and on do to financial circumstances. I was on it for two weeks with my boyfriend, before graduation, and lost around 10 pounds. When I came home, I spent a week juicing once a day and eating the foods my family eats. My mother and sister do not make much money, and I am currently looking for a summer job. By the end of one week, literally seven days, I had enough. I was eating a tortilla chip and looked in the mirror. I instantly dropped the chip and said, I CANNOT DO THIS. When I am not juicing, I feel depressed and aggravated  even bloated. I hate feeling this way. I hate looking in the mirror and seeing the disgusting food loving machine. (Okay that's exaggerating the problem a bit, but in a sense it's also the truth). I confronted my mom and sister, who supposedly believe in juicing. After breaking down on them, we immediately went through the cabinets and took out ALL of the junk. Nothing was left to temp me. We also got rid of all unhealthy appliances, such as the microwave, the deep fryer (which we haven't used in years), the rotisery (not sure how to spell it, but we have only used it once), and the waffle maker (we haven't used this in years, but I am sad to see this go. lol.). We are ready for a clean start.



Life Change: Self-love:
Those of you who have seen Hungry for Change will remember where they discussed self love. The reason we tend to eat, in today's society, is for comfort. We had a hard day at work, dinner: mac-n-cheese, and steak Snack: ice cream. Our boss made us mad and we are already exhausted: Grab a coke. We feel down about how much we weigh, eat three boxes of Fiber One brownies (they're good for you right?) I don't know what YOUR eating habits are, but examine them, often times we eat based on feelings.

We do not accept ourselves. I am very guilty of this one. When I weighed 200 pounds, I'd look in the mirror and feel disgusted. I hated myself. When I lost weight, I barely remember the process, but I fell in love with myself again. I was active, I ate right, I simply enjoyed life at 165. I maintained that weight for two and a half years, granted I had to constantly work on it. I'm now at 168, and feel disgusted with myself yet again. BUT WHY?? I am only three pounds more than I was. I understand I still want to be active and feel healthy, but I did feel that way when I first lost weight. Right now, I hate looking in the mirror. And I don't know why.

I was talking with a friend yesterday, who we will call Doctor Awesome. He reminded me, no one is perfect. Therefore, we can always find something we dislike about ourselves. It is human nature to want to change what we see is wrong. Going back to Hungry for Change, we have to learn to love ourselves.

Each day for one week, I am going to find something positive to say about myself. I will write it down, so I can share it with you next week. I do not know just how this will work, and maybe you will consider me pathetic for doing this, but I do know, when you love yourself, others will be drawn to you. I have proof of that. Let's start an epidemic of self-love and see what change we can make in our bodies, and in other as well.

Happy Healthy Living,

Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment